Domain Fellows brings together a cohort of incoming freshmen, current students (sophomores, juniors, or seniors during 2018-2019), and DKC tutors. These students will work throughout the 2018-2019 academic year to develop their own proficiency with Domain of One’s Own while also serving as ambassadors to the rest of the UMW student community for the project.
Participants will be awarded a $500 stipend for their work in the program.
Each participant will be expected to participate in the following activities:
- Attend 1-2 days of meetings and training over a weekend in early Fall semester 2018.
- Propose and develop a project built on the Domain of One’s Own platform, to be completed by mid-April 2019.
- Regularly blog about their work on Domain of One’s Own on their personal domain and/or the Domain Fellows site.
- Attend monthly cohort meetings to discuss projects and DoOO events (every 2 weeks).
- Attend at least 3 DoOO events throughout the year.
- Generally, serve as an ambassador for Domain of One’s Own to other students on campus.
To be considered for the program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Be in attendance at UMW during the fall 2018 and spring 2019 academic year
- Be in academic good standing
- Have a deep curiosity to learn more about Domain of One’s Own and how they can use it to meet academic, personal, and professional goals.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Be outgoing and approachable.
Applications for the 2018-2019 cohort are now closed. Final decisions will be made and announced by Wednesday, September 26th.